Ideas for Maya LT forum

How can we improve Maya LT?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Enable XGen Interactive in LT

XGen Interactive was used in some of your tutorials creating game ready hair cards for AAA games! Manually placing cards is painful and not being allowed to bake a strand of hair force us to use other tools

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Modeling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Native export to OpenGEX format

See opengex.org. I've been asked many times why the free OpenGEX export plguin doesn't work in Maya LT.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  File Import / Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make paint weight tools work in face mode selection

When skinning a model it would be great to be able to create face selections and flood weights to this selection.

At this moment i constantly have to convert the faces selection to vertexes. Even though this is not a big hassle I does become tedious in the long run.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Support Linux

Like Maya, support Linux... at the least, Fedora and CentOS, but an Ubuntu flavor would be a really nice to have.

LUA, C++, Maya, ... all good to go. Why not Maya LT too?

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Enable Geometry and other constraints

This is supposed to replace maya in an indi-developer's pipeline. The problem is: without Geometry constraint and other constraint options enabled, it is nearly impossible for us to prevent certain types of volume loss in complex rigs. Please give us the full suite of rig constraints!

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Reflection Probe

A reflection probe directly inside Maya LT will be a very useful tool for PBR texturing and look development.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. How to impove LT, How about better support? Hardly any replies from Autodesk here.

As described. Some ideas & feedback are so old & high votes, yet there is no answers from community manager.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Enable Xgen plugin for Maya LT

I'm a graphic designer and use 3d occasionally. Xen is a neat tool and good for creating interesting abstract designs. Although it's not enough of a reason to buy a full version of Maya. Would be really great to have it in Maya LT or at least available for purchase separately from the full Maya

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Virtual Reality Support in Viewport

Since there are a lot of Game Developers and Artist doing VR projects these days it would be most useful to have Oculus Rift & Vive support right in the Maya LT Editor. This would make for faster iteration and prototyping without having to leave Maya LT.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Support for stereoscopic 3D displays

I have a stereo 3D monitor. I'd like to be able to use Maya in 3D to get a better sense of perspective.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Modeling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Camera movement like UE4 (Shift + move tool).

Maya LT needs a move option like UE4.
    when you hold Shift + move tool, the camera follows the object when moving it with the move tool.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. nCloth support in Maya LT

Creating realistic cloth assets (curtains/tablecloth/rugs etc.) is an essential part of the creation of many games, this feature would greatly reduce the time it takes to produce these assets without having to rely on third party plugins or tools.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    remimcgillremimcgill responded

Hi there, thanks for posting in the Ideas for Maya LT. I wanted to let you know that currently you can use the Maya LT PhysX Plugin for it’s cloth, that will allow you to set up cloth for the game engine.

13. Customise Resolution Gates

Be able to change the default 960 x 540 resolution gate to make it easier to do set dressing based on camera, for example 2D Vertical mobile games and make playblast easier to work with.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,
    You can modify the custom resolution gates, but it is a bit tricky.

Use the ‘Select by Name’ tool to select: ‘defaultResolution’

Then use the attribute editor to set your desired resolution.

14. Please add the Component Editor back

This is unbelievably helpful for weight painting in the rigging process. Especially when working with very low poly characters each vertex needs to be weighted with specific values and not being able to numerically work with them and see all the influences makes things quite frustrating.

53 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. paint vertex color tool paint by Individual channel

The option to use the paint vertex color tool to paint by an individual rgba channel while leaving the other channels alone, just like the apply color tool and its options. Better yet have it work like in photoshop and only see/ work on the greyscale of the selected channels

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Texturing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. File Send To Substance Painter Support

It would be useful to export directly to Substance Painter or more integration since is a stage between Maya and Unity 5 or Unreal Game Engine allow for PBR Texture generation. And if posible imported back into Maya.

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  File Import / Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add viewport icons customization/arangement to saved preferences

As a game modeler, i don't need the rendering features offered within the view port icon buttons.

The view ports are overly crowded with buttons I don't use.

I was hoping when selecting the split/triangle button (show/hide icons)
    This would get saved with preferences for subsequent startups.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. PSD File support

PSD File support like in Maya

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. More Unfold Options Please!

We have an unfold paint tool, an unfold for a mesh... but no unfold for selections (example: just 1 uv shell)

Basically this request is for getting more control on what/how I unfold.

* I don't want my previously unwrapped pieces to unfold again when I just want to unfold 1 shell or a few vertices.
    * Also consider adding a soft selection unfold please. An option for not extending the selection outside a uv shell would be a great added bonus.
    * An unfold that doesn't touch the outer borders of a shell but does unfold everything within the…

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Modeling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Increase License limit to 2 machines

As I understand it currently, Maya LT is limited to a single machine license. I find this limit too restrictive, and the license transferring too troublesome for my work needs. I have a desktop which functions as my primary work computer, but I frequently need to meet with team members away from desktop. I have a laptop but it is relatively underpowered (and old) compared to my desktop, which makes me hesitant to transfer the license to it. I understand Maya LT's stance as an "indie" platform, but in this day and age it's quite commonplace for people to own…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Ideas for Maya LT forum

Feedback and Knowledge Base