What is a little tweak or change we can make to Maya?

Selecting a single edge is now impossible in UV Editor.

It will ALSO selects the edge related to the edge I've just selected.

I do NOT want this behaviour, I used to be able to select entire edge-loops this way and still only have it selecting from the shell that I clicked on. I would really like this behaviour back. Maya 2016 has added 20% nightmare to my workflow purely by doing this.

Maya should not make such assumptions about what my current task is. I am doing art that by design MUST have awkward UVs, For such a task, I need full control of my UVs, like I have had in the past.

It seems like 3DS Max is trying to sneak it's way in to Maya, which I'm fine with, bless everyone who cares about the "advanced modelling toolkit". But it shouldn't take AWAY our familiar features!

10 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Kerihobo shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Kerihobo, as mentioned in the comments, if you want to move components that have unshared UVs, you need to switch to UV selection mode and move the UVs instead of the shared edges. This behavior isn't any different from previous releases of Maya; in Maya 2010 for instance, if you create a poly sphere, open the UV Editor, switch to Edge selection mode, select any edge on the perimeter of the UV shell, then two edges appear to be selected (but those two edges actually represent one edge). With that in mind, let me know if I'm misunderstanding what you're requesting.

• Kerihobo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@acowan: Not true, I've always been able to select a single edge in the UV view in Maya these past 8 years. I swear to god.

• gamnamno commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is an option for selecting UV vertices (it's just called "UV"), why is there not an option for selecting UV edges ?

• acowan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's not impossible, but if you have that edge split at the UV it has to select both edges in UV view, which are technically the same edge. It's the same for vertices too, maybe you were detaching components before of something.

Feedback and Knowledge Base