What is a little tweak or change we can make to Maya?

Allow tearing off of individual shelf tabs.

Shelves are a great way of presenting and delivering tools, but you can only look at one shelf tab at a time. If we could easily tear off tabs into their own windows, it would be very helpful for people organizing their tools and workspace.

40 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
MorganLoomisMorganLoomis shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • OvidiusTiberiusOvidiusTiberius commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes and please make the shelf tabs dockable to the sides. As a character artsit I need the vertical space more than the horizontal. And all the horizontal menus they are stuck there , eating all the vertical space, because you need them and you don't want to hide them.
    You could also allow us to change the shelf tabs by right clicking inside the shelf and choosing from a marking menu the shelf we want, this way is faster. There is such a shelf made by Lightstorm 3d, but i want it to be native. Thanks.

• soulburnsoulburn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would also like to see the ability to dock these floating shelves elsewhere in the UI, like at the bottom or the sides.

• LoveFestLoveFest commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to expand the height of the Shelf so I can have more than one row visible at a time. I don't like scrolling the Shelf

Feedback and Knowledge Base