I think it's time for improving the Outliner.
Here is my ideas:
- Show/Hide object/objects (like Hide/Unhide).
- Lock objects (Like reference).
- New layer from selected objects.
- Favorite: so you can then show only favorited objects (like Ctrl+1 in view port).
- Sort by: Type, Name, Last created etc.
- Colors the object/groups/etc in the outliner
- Move object up/down in list.
Check the attached picture please.
We’ve added Show/Hide, Move object up/down in list
I really like this idea. Makes it simple and intuitive to interact with your scenes, +2 from me.
I'm not a Max user, but are you talking about something like the Info and Statistics pane from Modo? http://imgur.com/a/byXHk
It's also possible to use selection constraints in Maya to limit selections to Tris, Quads, or nGons among other settings.
Thanks for sharing!
Please make selection as easy as in 3d max , when you can select objects by its polycount
and all that stuff ... when we will able to choose from columns of properties
this is my idea, put "quick select set" under the "shape" node:
layer system like what cinema 4D has would be great:
and a lot more
It would also be great to have an option to make the outliner and channelBox a clickable hud like in Fusion360