What is a little tweak or change we can make to Maya?

channelBox colors should fill field

pre 2016.5 the "colors" of the channel box were 100% filled.
please bring that back, the new style is confusing , and certain channels like vis and enums are 100% filled as "unkeyable" but actually aren't unkeyable. also often artist use enum as channel box spacers.. this is no longer a valid workflow, as locked channels are not displayed across the field

35 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
SmannSmann shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • gerardvokgerardvok commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Who is making these decisions to change the Maya interface so much?? Are you guys that bored? There are thousands of bugs still to fix.

• asdasdasdasd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes i would also love to see an option to switch back,its hard to see especially when running lower brightness to combat eyestrain, there is probably a way to fix this ourselves with a simple change to one of the application scripts that would change what part is getting colored but i didnt get to investigate and fix that myself yet, maybe someone else can spare the time or we can get an official temporary workaround guide

• sdavysdavy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE BRING THIS BACK! Why on earth would you think that making the colors in the channel box HARDER to see is an improvement? Stop screwing with the UI.

Feedback and Knowledge Base